Friday 15 November 2013

Training: Keeping on track

If you recall, on top of skill based trianing, my fitness goals involved 1) Increase my VO2 max 2) Increase Endurance and aerobic threshold and 3) Put on muscle so my body has fuel to cannibalise at altitude.

It is important to keep your training in check and on track. Many athletes strategically place 'B' priority races within their training calendar - they act as test pieces. Whilst I'd love to go out climbing more often, it's not practical, so some Urban Trianing is in order...

Hence, in line with these goals I've just signed up for

  1. a x-country ultra marathon at the end of Dec'13
  2. An Ironman 70.3 in April'14
  3. I've arranged a 'full-on' trip to the Alps in the summer
  4. and to top it off a full Ironman in Sept'14 (my first full distance triathlon)

Whilst completing a long distance triathlon does not mean I can go out and climb at high altitude, it does give me something to aim for, and will keep my training on track. Further it will help with my endurance thresholds, core strength, and will also get me out swimming, biking and running (a lot).

My Training schedule is pretty much sorted, and I'll share the 12-24 hour a week suffer feast with you shortly...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment